I tested my Dockerized Mumble-Ruby-Pluginbot setup on a „512 MB / 20GB SSD / 1000GB Traffic“ Virtual-Server from DigitalOcean for 5$/month using the „One-click app“ on „Docker 1.12.3 on 16.04“.
Reasons for the migration
- Costs – I pay less than the half for the new server.
- „Debian oldstable“ – the old server was still running on an Debian 7.9; the new one runs Debian 8.3.
- HostEurope is currently moving his servers from Germany to another location and at least one customer I know reported packetloss for Telekom customers. The location of my new server is Frankfurt.
- My Mumble server is now reachable with IPv6 and IPv4 :)
- Hopefully better IO speed (SSD) – on the old server the Murmur database was stored inside a ramdisk because the IO was so bad that switching channels was very slow.