Last night I migrated my Mumble-Server from HostEurope to DigitalOcean.
Reasons for the migration
- Costs – I pay less than the half for the new server.
- „Debian oldstable“ – the old server was still running on an Debian 7.9; the new one runs Debian 8.3.
- HostEurope is currently moving his servers from Germany to another location and at least one customer I know reported packetloss for Telekom customers. The location of my new server is Frankfurt.
- My Mumble server is now reachable with IPv6 and IPv4 :)
- Hopefully better IO speed (SSD) – on the old server the Murmur database was stored inside a ramdisk because the IO was so bad that switching channels was very slow.
Migration of my Mumble server – HostEurope to DigitalOcean – IPv6 Support weiterlesen
Erledigt alles per Fahrrad. Schreibt Doku und mehr für Mumble (VoIP). Unterstützt FOSS, Linux. Macht OpenStreetMap.