It seems that some users have sometimes problems connection to my Mumble server since it uses IPv4 and IPv6 and since all of my DNS entries to the server contain AAAA records.
In meinem Keller gibt es leider keinen Wasseranschluss, sodass ich mein Fahrrad auch draußen nicht entsprechend säubern kann.
Mit Wasser und Lappen kommt man aber auch nicht so gut voran und man wünscht sich etwas Druck auf der Leitung, um den Dreck wegspülen zu können.
As you probably know you can increase the speed of a video in mpv with the key ] in 10% steps without pitching the audio.
In cases where people are just talking you can save a lot of time and mostly you can watch a video with a speed of 150 to 190 percent.
In the last years I have been using Mumble-Django (MD) to configure my Mumble servers and in my opinion it is one of the best admin interfaces available.
But on a box with very little RAM I wanted something very simple so I started using „mice“ on my new server.
Reasons for the migration
- Costs – I pay less than the half for the new server.
- „Debian oldstable“ – the old server was still running on an Debian 7.9; the new one runs Debian 8.3.
- HostEurope is currently moving his servers from Germany to another location and at least one customer I know reported packetloss for Telekom customers. The location of my new server is Frankfurt.
- My Mumble server is now reachable with IPv6 and IPv4 :)
- Hopefully better IO speed (SSD) – on the old server the Murmur database was stored inside a ramdisk because the IO was so bad that switching channels was very slow.
Bei uns ist aktuell Sturm und rausgehen ist nicht sehr ratsam. Aber direkt vor der Haustüre habe ich das hier entdeckt…
Because there are users on our server who sometimes like to play with their limits and stop spamming when the reached 19 of 20 allowed actions I added a new feature into the Antiflood module for Mumble Moderator today.