As you can see the Mumble-Ruby-Pluginbot is being activly developed; if you have wishes, ideas or bugs please report on our GitHub project page.
These are the new features:
- The automute function is now enabled by default. If the bot is alone in a channel he mutes himself and the song is paused until a user enters the channel. This saves a lot of bandwidth.
- If you command the bot to come into your channel with .ch it automatically undeafens itself, no wakeup command is needed anymore.
- A new updater script was added which doesn’t only update the mumble-ruby-pluginbot itself but also all dependencies.
Running a complete update through the updater…
(The script is located in mumble-ruby-pluginbot/scripts/updater.sh)
- The .seek command works now as it should for absoulte positions (.seek 10:35) and for relative ones (.seek +15/.seek -10:30).
- When you create a playlist with .saveplaylist you get a confirmation now.
- If the variable mumbleserver_targetchannel in the configuration file is empty the bot complains to go to bed and informs you what to do.
VirtualBox Appliance to run the Bot
The VirtualBox appliance for the Mumble-Ruby-Pluginbot was already updated to the new version.
With this appliance you can run a fully configured and set up Mumble-Ruby-Pluginbot on your desktop within a virtual machine.
Fix for installation howto
If you used the offical installation tutorial for installing the Mumble-Ruby-Pluginbot on your own server then you must install the following two packages in order to make the Ektoplazm plugin work:
sudo apt-get install unzip unrar